Jewellery is an adornment which is made with precious metals and gems. Pendant [จี้ ห้อย คอ, which is the term in Thai], Rings, anklets, bracelets, necklace all come under the wings of jewellery. In simple terms, jewellery is objects that are made of valuable metals and are worn by humans. Adorning oneself with jewellery is a traditional norm. People have been wearing jewelleries since ancient times. However, the type of jewellery and its designs have seen a drastic change. But, the traditional is still followed. People now-a-days wear jewelleries that are more elegant and glassy. Jewelleries are crafted in a manner that it must suit the attire of the wearer. The beauty of the jewellery is intensified more with the help of diamonds and precious gems.
Different types of jewellery
- Antique jewellery: Antique jewelleries are the one that not produced in current times. These jewelleries were used in ancient times. They have a rugged look. However, the USP of these jewelleries lies in its uniqueness.
- Bridal jewellery: Bridal jewellery are very popular type of jewellery. These jewelleries are made of superior metals and have eye-catching designs. Bridal jewellery adds to the beauty of the bride.
- Custom jewellery: Custom jewelleries are the ones where the customer gets them made according to his/her instructions. This type of jewellery is made when the readymade jewellery does not meet the taste of the customer.
Types of metal used for making jewellery
- Silver: Silver is one of the most common metals used for making jewellery. Silver jewelleries are affordable as they are less expensive. It is good for making bracelets, Wedding ring [แหวน แต่งงาน, which is the term in Thai], anklets, etc.
- Gold: Gold is another very popular metal used for making jewelleries. They are measured in carats. The more the proportion of gold, the more money you will have to pay.
- Platinum: It is one of the most expensive types of metal. Jewelleries made of platinum last for a long time.